In a matter of days the 2012 Olympics will be here and the world’s focus will be on London. There is no more popular sports to watch during the Olympics than Track and Field. We’ll talk about that and more with our guest tonight, a former Olympian in Suzy Favor-Hamilton
Born and raised in Wisconsin, Suzy was named one of the top 100 high school athletes of the 20th century. Suzy became the winningest female collegiate athlete ever at University of Wisconsin, winning nine NCAA championships, the Honda Broderick Cup as the nation’s top female collegiate athlete and Big Ten Athlete of the Decade for the ’90s. Suzy is a three-time Olympian and the holder of seven U.S. National Championships, and she has run sub-4 in the 1500m five times.
She’s a spokesperson, a speaker and has appeared on the cover of numerous magazines. We are lucky to have her tonight on “The Tech of Sports”
1. Are you excited for the Olympics being about a week away?
2. Talk about a runner’s routine and training schedule in the weeks leading up to an event like the Olympics.
3. How technical do you get in preparing for a race. Study opponents, chart previous races and what are runners maybe doing now that you didn’t have the opportunity to do?
4. Describe the toll that running takes on your body after 20-30 years at that level.
5. Talk about changes maybe in shoes now from when you last were in the Olympics in 2000?
6. How cool was it to experience everything the Olympics has to offer – Ceremonies – interacting with other athletes
7. Talk about the famous Nike commerciall that Nike stopped running and it kind of featured you in a horror movie type scene and the result was the Nike shoes got you out of the clutches of Jason from Friday the 13th type character.
8. Tips and advice for young runners, especially girls based on your past experiences.
9. How would you have taken to social media if it was around back when you were competing.
10. The one piece of modern technology you can’t live without in your professional or personal life?