While many of us follow the PGA Tour each year, some think the real stars of the PGA Tour are the PGA Tour wives and all the great work they do for charity.
In celebration of their 25th Anniversary, The PGA Tour Wives Association has released a new book, “Beyond the Fairways and Greens”. It gives us some insight to the families of the guys we see playing golf on our televisions every weekend.
Kelly Bettencourt, wife of Matt Bettencourt, is serving her third year on the Board as Vice President of Fundraising. She has been a member of the PGA TOUR Wives Association since the beginning of 2009, where she has been active in all their events and endeavors. Kelly and Matt are here to talk about the PGA Tour Wives Association and “Beyond the Fairways and Greens”
1. The PGA Tour Wives Association is celebrating their 25th anniversary. What is the background behind the association?
2. Where did the idea for the book Beyond the Fairways and Greens come from?
3. How much work did it take to pull it all together and where did the information derive from?
4. The end result “Beyond the Fairways and Greens” featuring life on the tour.
5. How has the public response been regarding the book?
6. What are some of the responsibilities of a wife on the PGA Tour?
7. What are some of the highs and lows of being a PGA Tour wife?
9. Bonus content: Find out from Matt what it’s like being paired with Tiger Woods.
Please help the PGA Tour Wives Association in supporting their charities by purchasing their book Beyond the Fairways and Greens.
The PGA Tour Wives Association – CC 24: November 25th, 2013