Get your palettes ready, we are talking Hot Sauce with Chef Johnny from Heartbreaking Dawns Hot Sauces. Heartbreaking Dawns Hot Sauces is owned by Chef Johnny and his wife Nicole where they have created delicious sauces, rubs and seasonings. Chef Johnny can be found Saturdays and Sundays at Brooklyn’s year-round food flea market, Smorgasburg and perhaps you’ve noticed Johnny from the TV shows Chopped and Crowd Rules.
Discussion With Johnny McLaughlin
1. Why are hot sauces so popular right now?
2. What is your secret when it comes to heat versus flavor balance?
3. Could you explain the Scoville Scale.
4. What is the shelf live of hot sauces?
5. Hot sauces based on country or origin. Is there a difference?
6. You were on the TV shows Chopped and Crowd Rules. Can you describe those adventures.
7. Johnny’s Hot Sauce tip. Remember, any hot sauce can be transformed into a wing sauce. It’s easy: 2 parts sauce, 1 part butter and 1 part cider vinegar (optional) to make a variety of sauces for your collection.
Please go over to Heartbreaking Dawns and see all of their products and when you are ready to order use promo code hbdfan for a discount!
Heartbreaking Dawns Hot Sauces With Chef Johnny – CC 37: August 23rd, 2013