Even though the Olympics are still on, we are going to take a look at competition of another sort tonight. The process and drive that it takes to form and bring to fruition, a startup tech company.
Charlotte and Antonia Newman
Antonia has over five years of sports management experience. She has worked in basketball development with the Atlanta Hawks and in marketing and fan development with the Hawks & Thrashers. She was a two-time All-American basketball player at Florida Southern and played professionally in Europe.
Charlotte is the tech brains behind the operation. She holds a B.A. from Wellesley College and graduated from Harvard Business School (HBS). She currently sits on the board of the Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta. In line with her passion for all things sports, Charlotte is an avid runner and huge sports fan in general. She formerly played basketball and ran track.
1. What do you guys think of the Olympics so far?
2. Are you watching live and getting the results during the day or waiting for Prime Time?
3. I wrote a recent article comparing starting a company to training for the Olympics… did you guys feel like you were in training?
4. Talk about the idea and inspiration for Team Fenom.
5. You guys were/are athletes, did that help you in developing the site?
6. Do the women’s sport stars of today know about the pioneers in women’s sports- Billie Jean King – Babe Zaharias, etc
7. What have you noticed about being women with a tech start up?
8. Social media as a component to your site.
9. The one piece of modern technology you can’t live without in your professional or personal life?